It is Friday. It is the day after the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol held its first “prime time” public hearing on the evidence they have been collecting for the last 18 months. The GOP, having chosen to align itself with an attempted coup d’etat, is defending itself by alternately saying nothing happened on Jan. 6, 2021, and something about how Black people in Chicago should be on trial for the proliferation of AR-15s in the hands of white guys. Not making sense to you? That’s exactly what the right-wing of this country wants in its news!
Here is some of what you might have missed:
- Jan. 6 probe lays out evidence of Trump’s attempted coup, gears up for more hearings
- Fox News did cover Jan. 6 committee hearing—as Trump’s defense team
- Rep. Ocasio-Cortez trolls Republicans on Twitter, wonders who asked for ‘pardons’
- The first public hearing from the Jan. 6 committee should be scaring the $#!& out of Republicans
- In case you missed it: Here’s how Liz Cheney skewered her GOP colleagues in Jan. 6 committee hearing
- Mike Lee makes dangerous accusations against Democrat Raskin to distract from his own coup efforts
- Immigrant families cry, celebrate after Massachusetts legislature overrides GOP governor’s veto
- DOJ officially opened an investigation into the Louisiana State Police department. Finally!
- Moderna announces next-gen COVID-19 vaccine that addresses omicron variant
- Emails show Ginni Thomas pressed 29 Arizona lawmakers to turn the election in favor of Trump
- DeVos claims she resigned over Trump’s inaction on Jan. 6, Pence’s refusal to support 25th Amendment
From the community:
- Schadenfreude Moment: The Former Guy reacts to Former First Daughter video clip at Jan 6 hearing #1
- Kos Diabetes Group:When is it good enough