Hello and welcome back to Equity, a podcast about the business of startups, where we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
This was another live week from the Equity crew, meaning that the towering Mary Ann, the inimitable Natasha and the somewhat fungible Alex were all chatting in real time, thanks to Grace and Julio having the script and tech in place to allow for it. And as we were live, we also wound up taking a little bit more time per story than usual, which was good fun.
What did we get into? A lot:
- The end of an era: Sandberg steps down from Meta COO role.
- Deals of the Week: Affirm ties up with Stripe, Felt raises $15 million for maps and Astro proves that quick grocery delivery is still a thing.
- A new fund is coming from an alum of Precursor Ventures, a firm that we have covered extensively on the podcast.
- The latest from Substack, a startup that we nearly all use, but wonder about from a valuations perspective.
- And we wrapped with notes from our recent spotlight on Columbus, Ohio!
Equity is mostly off next week, meaning no Monday show, and some pre-taped stuff the rest of the week. We’re going to breathe, and come back recharged. Hugs, and chat soon!